Your privacy is important to us. We believe it is important you know how we treat the information we receive from you, on the Internet. This privacy statement explains what personal data we, finterest group (“finterest group”, “finterest” or “we”), a community portal for TCS BaNCS customers, conceptualized by Tata Consultancy Services Limited, collect from you, through our interactions with you on this website, and how we use that data.
finterest website may contain links to other sites such as TCS BaNCS Clients and affiliates. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
Scope of Data
finterest group collects data to operate this website. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you register for an event, submit a request for further information, or contact us for support.
In general, you can visit finterest on the World Wide Web only by telling us who you are. Our web servers or Affiliates who provide Analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP address, browsing details and other related details, of visitors. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. finterest uses this information to measure the use of our site and to improve the content of its site.
There are times, however, when we may need more information from you, such as your name and professional details. Usually, the contact information we collect is used only by us to respond to your inquiry, invite you for our events and allow you to access specific account information. If you register with one of finterest’ communities, they may use this information to provide you with custom information about the related offering in support of your business needs. Cookies may be used to provide you with tailored information. A cookie is a tiny element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie.
At times we conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our visitors.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources may vary but typically can include:
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize offerings and content to your location.
- TCS BaNCS Clients with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with finterest group, and the choices you make, including your privacy settings. The data we collect can include the following:
- Name and contact data: We collect first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data
- Credentials: We collect passwords used for authentication and account access.
- Demographic data: We collect data about you such as your, country.
- Device and Usage data: We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with the finterest group website.
- Device, connectivity and configuration data: We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our website. It includes data about the operating systems and browser . It also includes IP address regional and language settings.
- Troubleshooting and Help Data: When you engage finterest group for troubleshooting and help, we collect data about you and your hardware, software and other details related to the incident.
Purpose of Data Uses
finterest group uses the data we collect for 2 main purposes(to operate our business and this website; and to send communications, including promotional communications) described in more detail below:
- Security and Safety: We use data to protect the security and safety of our website.
- Communications: We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. For information about managing your contact data and promotional communications, please submit a request to us using our contact form at https://www.finterestgroup.com/fin/?q=contact.
Sharing Personal Data
We do not share personal data with any vendors or agents working on our behalf. We will use, access, or transfer, personal data, when it is required to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process;
- operate and also maintain the security of this website, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- execute other activities such as marketing campaign, promotional communications etc. for which consent is taken appropriately
Please note that our website may include links to websites of third parties whose privacy practices differ from those of finterest group. If you provide personal data to any of those websites your data is governed by their privacy statements.
You can make choices about our collection and use of your data. For example, you may want to access, edit or remove the profile information in your finterest group account, change your password, or close your account.
Your Communications Preferences
If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in those messages. You can also opt out of promotional emails.
- Storing your Preferences and Settings: Settings that enable our website to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device.
- Sign-in and Authentication: When you sign into our website using your finterest group account, we store a unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Social Media: Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
We use session, persistent and third party based cookies on our website.
- Session cookies are stored only for the duration of your visit to our website and are deleted when you close your browser. They facilitate website to identify that a user of a particular device is navigating from page to page.
- Persistent cookies are stored on user's computer after you have closed your browser, and it allows a website to remember your actions and preferences.
- Third party cookies are set by websites whose services are being used by finterest group to enhance website experience
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, certain browser allow to block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies.
European Data Protection Rights - GDPR
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important. finterest group adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You have a right to request from us, a “data controller” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the website you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of finterest group as described in this privacy statement.
Security of Personal Data
finterest group is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by finterest group will be stored and processed in India. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data.
Our Retention of Personal Data
finterest group retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the access to and use of the website, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types and purposes, actual retention periods can vary significantly.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update this privacy statement from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how finterest group is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint or a question regarding this privacy statement, please direct it to the Chief Privacy Officer of Tata Consultancy Services at email@example.com or contact us at through this webform: https://www.finterestgroup.com/fin/?q=contact